Thursday, September 29, 2011

Show and tell day

Today I am showing my inspiration. I think inspiration is a great tool to use in the classroom. It lets the students become creative in their writing organiztion steps. It is also really easy to use so all grades can use it. In my inspiration I am using it as a demonstration speech, on the steps of doing a prep in cheerelading.

I started cheerleading when I was in the 3rd grade and did it through my freshamn year of college. Right now I am a volunteer for my highschool's competiton team. I have been helping out the team since I graduated from the high school. Tonianne is the coach and she was my coach when I was in highschool. When I graduated she asked me if I wanted to help her out with the team. She called me her "right hand girl". I love being apart of the team and helping these girls. Tonianne really needs my help this year because she is pregnant .. with twins!  Since I am still young I am able to get in the stunts and help the girls with their techniques and show them what they are doing wrong. Cheerleading has been a big part of my life and I love every moment of it.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I was very impressed with the Inspiration outline that you presented the other day. It is obvious that you have worked long and hard on cheerleading and that you are very talented in that area. I, too, was a cheerleader in high school many years ago and loved it. However, in my day a cartwheel, a flip, a roll over and high jumps were the most difficult moves that we made. I am always amazed at how sophisticated cheerleading has become through the years. I know I would have been right in there doing all that "stuff" if I were in school today and, as you, loving every minute of it. I am sure that you are a great hep to the coach this year. Keep up your interest in this sport because it could possibly be what helps you to secure a teaching position. Question..........do you make up the routines or do the girls create the routines?

    I am also happy to know that you can see the positives that come from using Inspiration. It is an easy program for students and can be used by students of all ages. Keep up the good work. Dr. Ries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you that I love all of the gadgets that you have on your blog. Keep them coming. Dr. Ries

    ReplyDelete